Monday 10 February 2014

San Francisco Bound by Alexandra Gunnoe Reviews



I recently traveled to San Francisco where I was a bridesmaid in my girlfriend’s New Year’s Eve wedding, and the photographer for the Henna Party and Rehearsal Dinner.  It was my first time going back to the States since moving the the UK and the first time I’ve been away from my baby.  The trip was a bit of a whirlwind as there were things to do, people to shoot and dinner parties to attend almost every day.  As I boarded my Virgin Flight at Heathrow I was definitely filled with mixed emotions.  On one hand, I was so excited to get back to California and see one of my dearest friends from UC Santa Barbara.  On the other, I missed my baby so much that when I saw a six month old on the flight who reminded me of her, I did shed a few silent tears.  But back to photography side of things…

I had big plans for photographing the bride.  I had picked out amazing locations to shoot in the city, on the off chance she’d actually have the time to participate in a last-minute fashion shoot.  Well, we weren’t able to do everything I envisioned, as she had her hands very full (I guess that just means I will have to plan another trip there soon).  We were able to spend a few minutes together the morning after the wedding and I can’t believe the stunning images that came out such a short amount of time.  She had the previous day’s makeup on but you would never know it.  She looked fresh and beautiful and was such a pleasure to photograph.  These were some of my favorite images. 






Photos by Alexandra Gunnoe at Alexandra Gunnoe Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment